May 05, 2024

Pillow Talk...

   ...At bedtime

I think I had mentioned this in a prior post; God knows I don't recall all due to the whirlwind of neurological processes in my brain all going at once, the practice of "moonbathing."

So why don't I take this moment of zen listening to my mechanical keyboard keys to talk more about my experience? 

First, I must lead you into this with descriptives of what "moonbathing" is. Bearing in mind that I am no expert and going off of information from my friend who does this much more than me. 

"Moonbathing," put simply, is sleeping with your window coverings open to allow the moonlight to shine indoors and lay upon your body. She advises, for best results, a bed closer to a window that gets lots of moonlight and that you do so nude. 

You have read that last sentence correctly & I hope you perverted readers are at least kind with your imaginative imagery of me nude, but also don't. It's creepy. 

So, I started trying this process as winter arrived & I went head-on with the full-nude option. My first concern was the chill, so I invested in a nice heavy-weighted blanket for my bed. On some of the coldest nights, I was very comfy and sometimes even had to use my lighter blanket because I felt too warm. 

I found myself quickly feeling more rested in the morning & there was an almost surreal feeling from the chill of the winter air on my skin as I undressed at night and the instant warmth of the cloth of my blanket as I tucked into bed. I started using a thinner top bedsheet since the weather has been warmer at night.

I believe there is something about the human body and its ability to sense & determine touch via sensations delivered to our brains. Feeling the softness & weave of your bed linens with parts of your bare body align you with your core existence. It can be considered perverse, primitive, relaxing, or simply awakening.

I scoffed at the idea & the much deeper meanings my friend ordained unto me of this process. My experience of throwing caution to the wind and trying to normalize myself walking nude within my private space before bed has afforded me better sleep, a new appreciation for sitting in my bed to stare at the moon, & a new level of comfort. 

I honestly can recommend this to anyone to try. It also helps with self-image and body image as you must face yourself at your core form. I type this sitting in my bed with my MacBook on my lap, looking at my screen horizon above my bust. My ceiling fan is on tonight with the warmer temps outside & I may start my restful pursuits atop my top sheets and migrate lower if a chill surfaces. 

I know this post was very randomly topical. I apologize for that. I have sadly been lazy and worthless in advance of my life. Many days, I spent working at the diner and then coming home to be a glutton and hibernate in bed watching TV or internet videos. I'm sure many would call this a form of self-care. 

I'm hoping for great days for those of you who come to read my blog. Until next time I post, au revoir ♥!

*  Yes, I had very basic French in High School. 

** I also enjoy re-bedtime music to fuel possible dreams, which has become more intimate feeling during this process. Plan to vibe again tonight to this Video DJ Set from 1st Place, a Virtual Media company responsible for Vocaloid IA.  Click the image below to check it out yourself!

Source Image from :: https://www.pngwing.com/en/free-png-bmzxm


No comments:

Post a Comment