March 31, 2023

🌪️ Bad Weather...

... brings a house full of friends.

 If you've kept up with trending things tonight or the news in general. A significant tornado outbreak occurred today into this evening from Arkansas to Wisconsin. Many cities have been struck by tornados and storm damage, sadly one of which was Southstar Glen.

Outside the city, it is frozen in time with the old farms and homes and an old diner and steel bridge, which bring positive and negative emotions. My friends live out there along with Jag live in her tour bus. The property is a farm built in the 1800s and has seen mild disruptions from storms in the past. Today was not as lucky.

Jag lost her tour bus, I was out at the farm this evening & the bus looks like a gutted tin can wrapped around an old oak tree on site. The farm took a near-direct hit leaving the outbuilding used as a guest suite leveled and damaging KaiMei's car shed. The house also lost sections of the roofing, broken windows, and siding. The deck KaiMei built a few years back was also ripped apart and scattered into the field.

The bridge is now adorned with insulation from the farmhouse and Jag's tour bus. Tree limbs and entires trees dot the roadway, graveyard, and farm. It was an emotional downfall for many of us, but everyone was safe and okay physically.

For now, my house has become HQ as 5 people now stay over. Jag was in New York City. Some of said guests also had their sister over at the guest building. She will head back to Valley Pines to her apartment with her boyfriend. Some of those guests may stay with her next week.

Needless to say, it will be a little cozy. Kai Mei will sleep with me in my room, this time for actual sleeping, while others will share the guest rooms. Jag plans to stay in New York until she decides on her next steps.

Today has been taxing for me mentally, but the amount of love in my home and knowing I am helping people who helped me is warming.

The farmhouse will be fixable, the guest building a loss, but rebuildable. Kai Mei's cars mostly survived safely & insurance will help front the costs of the damages. The tornado carried across a field into my friend's farm and across the road before weakening. I hope it did not touch down further away and cause more damage or injury.

Stay safe Fam. These storms today made a mess & in the morning we will need to begin cleaning up and mentally processing the events. I don't live in the area, but visiting afterward is surreal & it makes me understand a tiny example of what those affected might feel when faced with the loss of their livelihood.

Part of me is greedy and is excited to have Kai Mei in my bed for the whole night. Part of me missed waking up with his arms around me, feeling the touch of his manhood against my ass from such close contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment