February 25, 2023

My Music Pet Peeve...

...Fucking Remasters


After sitting in bed with the laptop on my productivity floof and music bonding with a friend between messenger & Spotify (I'd credit your Blog Jel's, but I don't know if you're active anymore), I tasked myself to find a song that I love and realize the original does not exist on the music service. 


It only comes as "REMASTERED".


Which is very much infuriating! 


The song in question is "Don't Lose My Number" by Phil Collins from the 1985 No Jacket Required Album. I own this vinyl in good condition, yet I would like my digital fix available in the same rough and gritty 1985 sound. Coincidently, one of the perks of once working in a record store was getting my hands on the good stuff before it went to the floor. 




This post is nothing more than to rant, beg, plead, and maybe whore myself (if necessary) for people to stop replacing the original raw gritted audio on internet music archives with these remasters. You can remaster songs but keep the original available, as well, for the screwed-up types like myself who are hardcore for the original. 


Had to use the 12" Extended Mix for my playlist. You can hear it below in the embed as well if you like. It's a classic banger from a true treasure in music, Phil Collins. Just... Stop with the remastering shit, please, music labels!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment