December 28, 2022

Minion behind the Curtain...

 ... fiddling with the colors.


I have nothing notable to report.

Simply playing the "Whats 'dis do?!" game on blog features and colors. I've wanted a way to allow people to "follow" my blog to know when I update. I hope to have found the means via a "Followers" listing with a button. I keep quoting the word "Follow(er)" as I don't like nor feel comfortable referring to people, readers, of this digital memoir in such a way. It sounds gimmicky and overall pompous, not to mention outright offensive to those who visit this blog.

While I have also found myself crawling my computer archives, I came across some amazingness I need to add to my little gallery here. 2017, five years past its receipt, was this digital artwork from my friend and a very kick-ass artist.

© 2017 JMC Illustration, https://jmc-art.carrd.co/


Please give her portfolio site a gander, a bookmark, a follow, or whatever ways she has to maintain touch with her art adventure.

Yes, there is a theme that follows me of Cat girl form. Get used to it if your weirded out or offended by that - you've not paid attention to my prior posts. I'd have expected many to have been much more offended before this revelation. I don't identify with the "furry" term, so don't be trying to label me with it like a "Hello, My Name is:" badge at a depressing school reunion.

I find an almost subversive vibe in how people draw these anthropomorphic extensions of humanity. Animals, especially pets like Cats and Dogs, tend to be expressive without words. Body language and facial expressions tell volumes about animalistic features compared to humans. These artists are creating in a modified form (melding humans and animals) characters that can express themselves audibly and with body/facial language.

There is something exotic about that & I became enchanted with a Cat form, which is quite self-evident when you see my themes here. So now you know.

Until next time - xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment