May 07, 2022

Lost Love...

 ... but not forgotten.


Image of an Iron Bridge over a stoney river
From one of our trips to NW Arkansas years ago.

I didn't want to just post the prior story without a small bit of commentary. It's very rough, I dare say avant-garde, in it's overall form and has my typical theme of being about sex, or my own personal escapades. I promise I'm not as sex starved as my posts would make me sound. 

That said, there is an undertone and truth within that story. It's been almost 5 years (at least) since my last boyfriend passed away. It was the last time I honestly had a "normal" relationship with the male gender. 

We used to take walks and travel around our area to just explore. Details I hold back about him would include that he loved the freedom of being outside. He spent many years in prison for acts I will never defend nor condone. He understood my stance on that and his time in jail cells changed how he valued life, others around him, and the time he had available to him. 

Illness and Disease are not always obvious; many times they are silent and go untreated. Sadly, his was the latter of the two. He gave me amazing memories and with those, I openly admit, came memories of great sex on weekend mornings. He wasn't a main cause for my mental decline, but at least the first crack in my foundation. 

It's in the past, his memory will always still be with me. Be it as I travel, at our old spots, or caressing myself in bed half awake. I just urge anyone reading to take each day, each second, each breath with your best. Revile in the now and this moment. Enjoy it all, good or bad, we will all fucking get through this!  It was once written, only one thing in life is guaranteed; and that is death itself.   

I love you all, those who visit regularly or simply stumble upon this blog in passing. We can all weather the storm and bask in the sunsets together.  💕 


No comments:

Post a Comment